On Future Plans

Saturday, August 22, 2015


I have always been a huge planner. I plan everything with extraordinary amounts of time 'just in case.' This has been my way of coping with how anxious and perfectionist I am. But lately, I've been feeling like everything is going in a million directions and, although I can kind of plan for it, there are so many factors involved that I almost don't want to. 



Confession, I'm intimidated by my senior year. So many things are happening: I'm graduating college, applying to law school, writing an honors thesis...Although in my head, my plan is to go to law school in Boston, move in with my boyfriend, and have a satisfying life, I know that that might not happen and that scares me. What if I don't get into law school? What if my honors thesis is harder than I thought? What if I don't find a job? The what if's are killing me.

Don't get me wrong, this crossroads is also exciting. I know that life for me is just beginning and there's so many options out there. Although I'm not a religious person, I'm entirely convinced that I will end up wherever I am meant to be. The thing is, what if where I'm meant to be is completely different from where I want to be? That unknown - something I can't plan for - is both exciting and overwhelming.

My list of to-do's for the next few months is endless and I've done a bit of each thing. However, part of me is conflicted because I don't want to face it because I'm intimidated. The other part of me wants to prolong this state of happy college student I am in. Eventually, though, the day will come. I will walk down, cap and gown, with a future that's all my own and I have to trust that my parents and my experiences have prepared me for them.

(Image credit: Pinterest)

5 comments :

  1. I feel the same as you! Sometimes it's hard to plan everything you want to.

    Great post and blog <3

    Katie Loves ~ Fashion Blog | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! It's definitely intimidating but you'll get through

    Made in MauveBloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support and for visiting <3

      Delete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs