Easy Avocado Toast

Monday, September 28, 2015


I have a confession to make: I didn't always love avocado. In fact, I'm guilty of liking it because it became a trend here in the States. However, most of my childhood memories include rice, beans, chicken, and me denying a piece of avocado while my mom and aunts would take double servings. It's a shame, really, because I'm sure avocado in Puerto Rico is 100x better than here in the United States. My grandpa even used to grow them in his back yard!


So, in honor of my newly acquired love for avocados, I decided to make (and share!) a simple, 10-minute avocado recipe. Feel free to adjust to your liking!

Ingredients
1. Sourdough bread
2. Olive Oil
3. Ripe avocado
4. Salt
5. Pepper
6. Chili Powder
7. Goat Cheese (optional)

First, my favorite method of toasting bread is to lightly coat a pan with olive oil. In medium heat, flip the bread until it's brown and crispy. The olive oil just does something to me--it's so delicious with bread.

Next, I cut and mashed a whole avocado. I add salt, pepper, and a dash of chili powder (feel free to add less or more to taste). I mixed it all in together and then I spread it over my toast. Finally, I topped it with a few pieces of goat cheese--I'm obsessed with goat cheese and I put it on everything so this was definitely one of those times where I was thinking, "Will this actually work?" and it does! It gives it a nice tanginess that you wouldn't expect. I loved it!

Let me know your favorite avocado toast recipe!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs