School Makeup Essentials

Monday, September 14, 2015


I like looking presentable for school. To me, it's very important that I exhibit an amount of professionalism and put-togetherness, especially because I never know who I'm going to meet. Even if I'm dressed in sweats, I want to look awake and attentive, which is why I love concealer and blush! Also, I forgot to picture the mascara I used, oops!



First, I like to use a BB cream in order to even out my skin tone a bit. I don't like wearing foundation because it's too heavy for school so I like using this BB cream instead.




Probably the most important for me, I like to color correct under my eyes for my under eye darkness and then conceal to highlight. I place my concealer in a triangle shape and also dot the sides of my nose because I get really red in that area.


I like to add a bit of bronzer under my cheekbones and the tops of my forehead in order to give my face more dimension.


Next, adding a blush will really brighten up your face. Choose a pinky color if your undertones are red and you're paler than me, a peachy color if you're like me and have a medium olive skin tone, or a dark plum if you have deeper skin tone.



Eyebrows frame your face so to me it's absolutely important to fill them in. Instead of using an eyebrow pencil like I would normally do for nights out or when I'm wearing a full face of makeup, I opt for a tinted eyebrow mascara. (Ignore the creasing in the lids, I'd forgotten to set it but I went back and did that later.)


I generously coat my lashes with mascara.


And then I add a lip color. I like experimenting with lipsticks but for school I generally keep my selection to pinks and nudes.


And that's it! You're ready to put your best face forward! (Pun intended.)




No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs