Best of...2015

Monday, December 21, 2015


Wow, I can't believe it's already about to be 2016. 2015 was such a wonderful year filled with so much growth and lessons learned. I'm happy that I had such a fulfilling year but I'm even more excited about what 2016 is going to bring--graduation! law school! It's just all so exciting. Below, read ahead to my favorite things this whole year!


Favorite Books

I read so many amazing books this year. I even fulfilled my challenge to read 25 books by the end of the year! Some of the books I'll be mentioning I haven't reviewed (will do shortly!) but I've linked their GoodReads pages as well so you can check them out! This was a year filled with amazing books and it was so hard to narrow it down to a top 5. Note, the ones marked as * I reviewed on my old blog. (Yes, I changed blogs this year, too!)

Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel* (GoodReads)
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie* (GoodReads)
The Martian by Andy Weir (GoodReads)
Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff (GoodReads)

Favorite Makeup:

This year was a great year for makeup, in general. Some of my favorites are actually created by YouTubers. I'm so happy to share the best of the best with you.

Best Foundation: L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte
This is one of those foundations I didn't expect to like but it TOOK OVER. At first, I thought it was a bit too dry but I soon found that the longer you wear it, the better it looks. I have really enjoyed using it.

Best Eyeshadows:
Jaclyn Hill x Morphe
Although this palette is sold out, it was one of the best things this year. It has a great mix of colors--mostly warm--and the pigmentation is insane Jaclyn did a great job and I have a couple of videos using it here.

KathleenLights x ColourPop Where the Light Is...Quad
Kathleen is another of my favorite YouTubers and she KILLED it this year. This quad is beautiful and I use it all the time. You can still get it and, PS, she's coming out with a new quad on December 26th!

Makeup Geek
Makeup Geek eyeshadows are plain old BOMB DOT COM. I own Desert Sands which is a beautiful warm mustard brown shade and Creme Brulee, which is another brown with a more mauve undertone. I've used them here and here and here.

Favorite Highlighter
Jaclyn Hill x BECCA Champagne Pop
By FAR my favorite makeup product of the entire year. This collab is BOMB and I'm so sad mine cracked. It looks like you might still be able to get it at Sephora so do it before it's gone forever. You won't regret it. I've used it here.

Favorite Brow Product
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
This is the year of the brows. This is the product I discovered at the beginning of 2015 and I've already purchased 4. Holy grail status.

Favorite TV:

I really don't watch a whole lot of movies so I decided not to include it here. However, I've been watching A LOT of TV. Some of the favorite shows I finished are:

How to Get Away with Murder
Jane the Virgin
Scandal
Gilmore Girls
Power

Favorite Music:

Although I'm currently obsessing over JB's newest album, I've had some really good music moments this year. I thoroughly enjoyed Drake and Selena Gomez. My monthly playlists where I share my favorites of the month are here, here, and here.

Favorite Podcasts

I think this was the year of podcasts. Even though I've been listening to them forever, I definitely increased my intake. Some of my favorites were Magic Lessons, StartUp, Oh Boy by Man Repeller, and Guys we F****d. See other favorites here.


Favorite Memories:

Andrey and I's 3rd year anniversary.
I took the LSATs!
I got accepted into 3 law schools (so far)!

Favorite Other Things

I'm weirdly obsessed with this planner and watching Plan With Me videos on YouTube. Also, My PaperWhite Kindle is a top fave of the year. And candles!

What are some of your favorite things this year? Let me know! 

xo, Patricia

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs