Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Sincerely, Us - Vol 1


I'm going to be starting this new series with Andrey called Sincerely, Us where we talk about our relationship and offer advice to you. Just so you know, Andrey is really supportive about this but he is a man of a few words.

1. How have you grown in a long term relationship?

Patricia: I feel like I've grown a lot both individually and as one half of a couple. I think A has been a mirror to me and I've had to face real issues about who I am and what I want, which I think have made me more independent. A is my best friend so he knows me best and I think he compliments me and I compliment him. I've learned how to be selfless, how to compromise, and how to prioritize things that matter.

Andrey: Patricia has brought out qualities in me that I didn't know I had. She has been a great support system and has helped me accept my shortcomings and be proud of my accomplishments.

2. How do you deal with fights?

Patricia: I'm really big on not going to bed without solving a fight. Maybe it's not the best way for everyone to deal with fighting and arguments but I need to know that at the end of the day--literally--we can get through it. I'm trying to be more conscious of my word choices and how I approach a problem so that we can both compromise on a solution. It's not just about what I feel or want or think but how we both can solve something so that we're both happy in a way that is sincere.

Andrey: I like to take a second and pull myself away. When I cool down I'm able to have a fresh, clear head because when you're in the heat of the moment you can say mean and hurtful things to each other. Although I like when P makes me talk about the issues rather than ignore them.

3. What quality do you admire the most in the other person?

Patricia: Andrey is the most selfless person I've ever met. He is such a good and loyal friend and he will do anything for those he cares about. He has a younger sister so I admire how fatherly and protective he is while still being gentle and understanding and fun. I truly admire his selflessness and compassion.

Andrey: I like Patricia's devotion and selflessness in our relationship.

4. What advice would you give other couples?

Patricia: I know everyone says communication is key--and it is true--but I think there's a difference between hearing out what the other has to say and actually understanding it. We both know we don't have to agree with each other but we make a conscious effort to understand the other's perspective. At the end of the day you're two different individuals and will have different ways of approaching things and you just have to understand the other person to the best of your abilities.

Andrey: If you find someone who accepts you for who you are and compliments you the best and satisfies you physically, emotionally, and mentally, then that person is worth keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.

Get Social

emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.