Monday, January 11, 2016

New Year's Resolutions & Goals


I'm a little late on declaring my resolutions but I'm really bad at making--and keeping--them. However, I thought this 2016 I might try something different. I have 3 resolutions and 3 goals. They're different, in my opinion. Resolutions are things that you resolve to do--they seem a bit more spiritual to me. Goals, on the other hand, seem a bit more concrete. 
Resolutions
#1 Love myself
In this day and age where we are constantly bombarded about how we should look like and act, I vow to love myself and treat my body, mind, and soul with love and care. Where many might do fitness goals or resolutions, I think this is the first step.

#2 Be patient
I've always been an impatient person, but I feel that ever since I started college I've become more anxious and impatient. This year, I want to take things day-by-day and enjoy myself. I'm not going to be this young again!

#3 Express thoughtfulness
I'm the type of person who speaks before she thinks (see being impatient above). This year I want to try being more thoughtful both in my words and actions. I want what I say and what I do be 100% deliberate, intentional, and meaningful.

Goals
#1 Read and write more
I always do this resolution, but I also need a daily reminder to keep myself motivated and practice reading and writing. My parents ask me about once or twice a year about my writing (in high school, I wrote two novels) and I always regret to tell them that I've done none.

#2 Graduate and go to law school
Although I'm pretty confident this will happen, why not? These are two important moments in my life and a signal of growth, maturity, and (hopefully) wisdom.

#3 Explore!
I'll probably be going to law school in Boston and although I've been here for 4 years, I still feel like I don't know it as well as I should. I want to completely explore different parts of the city and immerse myself in the art and culture Boston has to offer. Plus, it'd make a great city guide, right?

Those are my resolutions and goals for 2016. What are yours?

XO,
Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.

Get Social

emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.