Monday, January 25, 2016

Tarte Tarteist Contour Palette



Today I will be talking about the Tarte Tarteist Contour Palette. I received this palette as a Christmas gift. Read on to check out what I think!



I love the packaging! It's a nice, sturdy, gold packaging with a HUGE mirror. The size is perfect to travel with. I also really like the size of the pans. You get just enough product of every single shade.


It comes with six colors (from left to right): a white highlighting shade, a pinkier highlighting/setting shade, a banana highlighting/setting/correcting shade, a mid-tone coral/pink blush, a light warm contour and a dark cool contour.

All shades are extremely buttery. They are not overly pigmented but I like that in a contouring palette because you can go ahead and add as much color as you need without going overboard. All the shades are amazingly easy to blend and I use every single one of them. They all last from 6 to 8 hours, so it's a great palette for a long day.

The banana powder is a perfect under eye highlighting/setting powder. It has no sheen at all and I use it to set the under eyes and wherever I applied concealer. The pinkier shade is not something I usually gravitate towards because my skin color is more on the warm side but it's a great setting/highlighting shade for those with paler complexions. This shade is the 'highlight' shade and although it has some sheen to it, I wouldn't use it, say, on the top of my cheekbones. This is more to brighten the under eye.

I LOVE the blush color. It's my perfect every day blush color--not to warm, not too cool. It's also very subtle but you can easily build it up.

Both contour colors are great. i think they picked two shades that would be flattering on most people. I mix both to get my perfect color and tone. They blend so beautifully.

The center, 'glow,' shade is what you would use to highlight the top of your cheekbones. I'm not a huge fan of this shade as it's a very subtle sheen and it's more on the white side, which doesn't suit my skin tone perfectly. This would be a good highlight shade for beginners and for those of you who are not crazy about highlight (like me!)

Overall, I think this is a great palette for beginners. The texture of the powders are amazing (and they have a cocoa smell!). This is an easy palette to pick up and master. I have used it multiple times now and I think that it will replace my ABH contour palette when I'm looking for an all in one palette. It's so easy and I like the powders a lot more, although ABH has refillable pans and a wide variety of colors so it might be more advanced. I totally recommend this palette for light/medium skintones and I think you'd definitely enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
Powered by Blogger.

Get Social

emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.